Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's a Man's Night tonight, baby!

These moments are few and far between, but they are such a sweet indulgence that they are worth the wait. Tonight, my friends, is Man's Night. The wife, you see, is off attending a ladies-only party tonight, which leaves me home alone to do whatever I wish. Tonight I wish to eat chinese food from Panda Express, enjoy a tasty brew and watch a manly man's movie: Beowulf.




You may question the appropriateness of the plastic fork in this carefully organized ensemble, but I assure you that the presence of this plastic fork, despite the abundant availability of dining utensils in my home, is critical- nay, essential- to fully indulge in the Man's Night experience. So for now, I shall bid you adieu. It's time to eat.

-Sailor Matt

5 comments:

Sedulo said...

Whoa! When my boyfriend does a Man's night he ALSO gets massive amounts of chinese food and eats it with the plastic fork...hmmm, I would start inventing a conspiracy theory but he watches comedies.

logankstewart said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Chinese food.....

Sailor Matt said...

@ Sedulo:
The taste in movies may differ, but the spirit of Man's Night is always the same. And there's just something about eating food with a plastic fork that makes us feel like men.

@ logankstewart:
I hear ya! And I'm not talking any of that fancy stuff, either. I'm talking fried rice, flavored meat and a few pieces of bell pepper stuffed into a styrofoam box. That's the way we like it!

When will my next Man Night be? The answer is floating in the wind...

marky said...

Is there anything better than a Chinese feast and a brew?

What did you make of Beowulf? I thought it was pretty good, but I'm easily pleased.....Or so the Mrs tells me!

Sailor Matt said...

I enjoyed Beowulf. I was fascinated by Grendle's character in the story. Grendle being Hrothgar's son was a very interesting element.