Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Running For Livestock!

Heya folks, just wanted to drop a line and mention that I've embarked on a charity effort for Heifer International. Inspired by Patrick Rothfuss' charity challenge (here), I've created Running for Livestock, a shameless attempt at soliciting donations for this honorable cause. I've pledged to run a mile for every $10 I raise, so if yer lookin' to see me eat my words, head on over to my Donation Page and make a contribution. At the moment, I'm up to $80... I'd better start hittin' the pavement!

On the other hand, you could head over to Pat's Donation Page if you're interested in a raffle for sweet author swag. Either way, our global community wins, which makes you a hero in my book.

-Sailor Matt

4 comments:

marky said...

Ahh. I would love to give you some wonga dude, but unfortunately the buggers don't seem to be able to process my Visa debit card. I'm not sure if it's a UK thing or it's my card.

I'm sending a check to Pat. He emailed me this morning and said I should hold back on my decision to just put my name in the hat for the draw instead of picking a prize. Apparently there are more cool prizes on the way. I must admit I am tempted. However, I just can't get by the feeling that I would be gaining an advantage over the good people who have already put money in, and are not assured of a prize. I don't want to shout about it because any money for charity, however you entice it out of people's pockets, is a good thing. I’ll put it down to my catholic guilt kicking in.

Anywhoo, Good luck with the run. Yer a braw man!

Sailor Matt said...

Thanks for the encouragement!

Sorry 'bout the guilt thing kicking your butt. You definitely bring up a good point, though. Your consideration is touching :)

Time for me to hit the pavement. I've got 18 miles to knock out!

marky said...

And The bank is sorted now. I double donated. You and Pat. $210, $790 to go! Good luck dude!

Word verification: fachan.

The donation would have happened sooner if it wasn't for the fachan bank!

Sailor Matt said...

Hey, thanks man! That was really cool of you. I owe you some miles!

I laughed out loud at your word verification. Almost woke up the wifey in the next room.