Sunday, March 29, 2009

What have you been up to lately?

The days have been all sorts of busy, friends. Two weeks ago I worked 2nd shift, and last week I switched to days. I worked yesterday (Saturday) afternoon, and I go in again tonight (Sunday) at 9:00. I work 3rd shift all next week, then back to days for a week after that, then I start my permanent shift assisnment on 2nd shift. So that's that.

I've decided to take three college classes in August: Calculus I, Spanish I and Physics I. In order to keep up with the course load while going to school full time, it's important that I pick up with my calculus and spanish self-study plan, which fell by the wayside a few weeks ago. So, I shall continue the self-study plan with renewed vigor.

My writing has been neglected, but I'm hoping that after my training cycle at work comes to an end next month, I'll have more time to refocus my efforts in that arena.

I plan for this week to be a flurry of productivity, bringing all of my programs back online, so to speak. The frustrating part of the last month has been the training cycle at work: most of my time was spent inefficiently waiting for someone else, so I could see how they do their job.

On a different note, I figured I'd share with you guys the most delicious treat of all time. Behold:


They're like three bucks a box, but eating one is an amazing experience. Try one today!

Cheers!

-Sailor Matt

4 comments:

logankstewart said...

Ahh, ice cream. Mmmmmmm. Hope the job's going great. It's quite possible that I've secured a job, but I'll find out for sure within the next week or so I think.

Good luck!

marky said...

I was Knackered just reading that! A heavy load you have there, Matt.

I hate when you start a new job and you have to depend on people showing you what to do. You go through the first couple of days following somebody about like a lost lamb, and you always feel like you should be keeping busy.

Haagen-Dazs, rules!

Keep yer head up, boss.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You must have been taking energy pills to keep a schedule like that! No slowing down for the spring and summer either. Yes, we kept Earth Hour and then the following day, lost all electricity for 12 hours! Earth day and night, anyone? Chocolate and dark chocolate? You're definitely my kind of guy!
Ancient Reader

Captain Joe said...

Hoorah for productivity!

I, for one, am a fan of working on Sundays, as the penalty rates are ridiculously excessive. Hope you got some sort of sweet dealt here too, Matt.

All the best.