Monday, December 22, 2008

Delicious and Nutritious

I took an adventurous path today and decided to make myself a home-cooked lunch. I pulled a recipe for sweet & sour chicken off the Internet, ran out to the store to pick up the ingredients, and set to work crafting a home-cooked meal. Even preparing the rice was an experience, as I literally pulled the rice steamer out from its unopened box for the first time today (we've owned it for like six months). Well, the meal was completed without incident, except for one hectic moment when the smoke alarm went off and I didn't have a hand to spare for fear of burning my chicken (except that the alarm going off was a tell-tale sign that perhaps I'd already burned the chicken). With assistance from the wife, I was able to silence the alarm and finish cooking, and ended up with a very delectable dish:


Mmm mmm good!

-Sailor Matt

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely looks good enough to eat! Is this a picture of your cooking effort or the picture online with the recipe?
How's the job search coming? Good luck! I hope Texas has a better job climate than the Midwest.
Ancient Reader

Sailor Matt said...

The picture is actually my own cooking effort. It was quite the tasty treat, except that I cheated on the sweat & sour sauce. I went out and bought my own, instead of mixing up the concoction they had in the recipe.

The job search is going slow... Not many people are looking to fill permanent positions two weeks before Christmas. I suppose I should write a post on that subject... :)

marky said...

Very tasty looking, you’ll be graduating on to pie's soon! Mmmm, pie.

I hope you and the family have a great first Christmas in Texas boss. Good luck with the job hunting in the New Year.

Sailor Matt said...

Thanks bud!

Captain Joe said...

Matt, butter chicken.

That's all I'm saying.

Butter chicken.

It should be your next delicious adventure.

Happy holidays, mate, and all the best to the new year.

Sailor Matt said...

Are you sayin' I "butter" try it out? Ha! I crack me up.